11.02.2008

it's kind of annoying

Just because I don't want kids does not mean I won't have a "family" of my own. Once Todd and I get married we'll be our own family and may or maynot add pets to the mix. Children to not make a family. Remember that people. Just like only a man and a woman do not make a family. I would consider two men in a serious, longterm relationship a family of their own, as well as two women in the same situation whether or not either couple has kids.

A family is not JUST a man and a woman with their kids. The definition of family is:

fam·i·lies

a. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
b. Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.

so even though a man and a woman and kids are considered a family, there are another definitions of the word family and I think people need to realize that.

1 comment:

Stephen Mar said...

adopt an animal when you afford to!!! :)